For our client, an important distributor of stacking, storage, order picking and heavy equipment, we are looking for a heavy equipment mechanic.
As a mechanic:
- you maintain, service and repair different kinds of forklifts (Merlo, Manitou…) used for stacking, storage, order picking but also some heavy equipment like excavators, loaders, dumpers (equipment of different brands like CAT, Bedford, Hidromek) etc.
- you repair mostly hydraulic and pneumatic malfunctions
- you perform repairs of: transmission, brake system, gearboxes, engine, steering system, automatic lubrication system, etc.
- you replace various parts such as hoses, cylinders, chains, lift- en tilt mechanism, valves, etc.
- you perform general maintenance: changing oil, brakes, filters, tire check-up, changing fluids
- you have min. 5 years' experience as a heavy equipment mechanic or mechanic of forklifts
- you possess knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic repairs
- you have min. communicative knowledge of English or French
- you are willing to learn Dutch and stay in Belgium for a long period of time
- you are able to work independently
- you have very good communication skills
- fully legal employment according to Belgian law
- starting salary 13,50-14,00 € gross/hour
- organization of accommodation (payable 65€/week)
- free access to the Internet in the accommodation
- social bonuses according to Belgian law